Flourish Counseling & Wellness provides both individual and couples counseling with a specialization in perinatal mental health. We offer comprehensive services in the following areas:
- Support during your fertility journey – infertility & pregnancy after loss
- Transitioning to motherhood
- Depression during pregnancy & postpartum
- Anxiety during pregnancy & postpartum
- Pregnancy loss – miscarriage & stillbirth
- Birth trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Gottman Method informed Couples Therapy specializing in perinatal mental health & parenting
No two people are the same and as such a plan for therapy should be tailored to meet your specific needs. Whether you’re stuck in the woods of motherhood, relationships, anxiety or depression, it is possible to get out of the dark places and back into the sun. I know it feels daunting now, but that is why you are here. Growth and healing is often an uncomfortable, messy process of making a choice to change. Change a habit, a way of thinking, a role we engage in or a relationship. Showing up as your brave self today is the first step in the process.
Flourish Counseling & Wellness specializes in working with women & couples across the lifespan from preconception, during pregnancy, throughout the postpartum period and parenting journey. We have a particular expertise in treating perinatal mental health, specifically Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs).
Utilizing the goals and principles of the Gottman Method for couples therapy, we will work to disarm conflicting verbal communication, increase intimacy, respect, and affection, remove barriers that create a feeling of stagnancy in conflicting situations, and create a heightened sense of empathy and understanding within the context of the relationship.
So if any of these sound like you…
– I want to feel more fully connected to my child
– I want to increase the chances that new parenthood will bring me and my partner closer
– I think I need to do everything perfectly, but I’m failing
– I wish to thrive in motherhood, but I don’t know if I am
– I would like support and understanding for myself and my partner
–I haven’t been feeling like myself
…Then individual or couples counseling could be for you.
Therapy can help you feel valued, calm, capable, and connected as you begin or continue your motherhood journey. Therapy can help with a wide variety of new parenthood issues, from smaller issues and feelings, to dealing with the major challenges or transitions that you or a partner could be experiencing.