Flourish Counseling & Wellness provides couples counseling with a specialization in perinatal mental health. Informed by Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and the Gottman Method, we offer couples counseling with a particular expertise in challenges during perinatal and parenthood:
- Support during the fertility journey – infertility & pregnancy after loss
- Preconception couples counseling
- Depression & anxiety during pregnancy & postpartum
- Pregnancy loss – miscarriage & stillbirth
- Birth trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Transitioning and the adjustment to parenthood
Both Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and the Gottman Method, have been shown to be effective in therapeutically supporting couples. Utilizing the Gottman Method, we will work to disarm conflicting verbal communication, increase intimacy, respect, and affection, remove barriers that create a feeling of stagnancy in conflicting situations, and create a heightened sense of empathy and understanding within the context of the relationship. Many couples find EFT to be a beneficial approach as it allows couples to better understand their own emotional responses as well as those of their partner. Both methods strive to increase a sense of security, intimacy and connection in your partnership.
Couples therapy can help with a wide variety of struggles in your partnership, from adjustments and feelings, to processing and coping with significant challenges or transitions that you or a partner may be experiencing.